For face to face advice, visit the Debt Advice Unit, Citizens Advice Bureau,11 Castle Hill, Torquay, TQ1 3BB. Telephone 01803 297803. Visit 


If you are a Sanctuary Housing tenant, you can contact their Income Advisor Ian Sharratt who can discuss money, debt and benefits issues.  Telephone 07967 304543 or 01803 696137. 


For telephone and internet based advice, contact any of the following free and professional organisations;

National Debt Line at or 0808 808 4000

Step Change at or 0800 138 1111

Pay Plan at or 0800 280 2816


To find helpful tools and tips for budgeting and managing your money, visit the Money Advice Service at >>


Plough & Share

The Plough and Share Credit Union are keen to make sure that everyone in the community can access credit. You can open a savings account and apply for a loan directly at the Hele’s Angels shop or you can visit their website for more information on other ways they might be able to help you.

Visit Website >> or call 01837 658123

Download a Plough & Share application form >>


Crisis Support

If you need financial help or essential household items such as a new cooker and are facing an emergency situation or severe financial hardship, then Torbay Council may be able to assist you.  The Council will assess if you fit their eligibility criteria.

Visit Website >> or call 0845 603 6095 for a Short Term Benefit Advance

                                 0800 917 6832 for Connections (Look at Useful Contact numbers for landline numbers)

                                 0845 603 6967 for Social Fund



CAP Money is a three-session course to get you back in control of your money.

Learn a simple system to help you budget, save and plan for the future.

All CAP Money courses are FREE but booking is essential.

visit to book.


Web Design by